What is Wizkid net worth 2021? As of the year, WizKid has a net worth of approximately $20 million according to Forbes rating in 2021. WizKid is a Nigerian singer and songwriter from Lagos, Nigeria.
In 2009, he signed a recording contract with Empire Mates Entertainment (E.M.E). She came out in 2010 with the release of “Holla at Your Boy” from her debut studio album “Superstar” (2011).
- Real name: Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun
- Stage name: Wizkid
- Date of Birth: July 16, 1990
- Occupation: musician/artist
- Marital status: Single
- Place of Birth: Surulere
- Country of Origin: Lagos State Nigeria
- Current record company: Starboy
- Children: 3
- Wife: N/A
- Wizkid Net Worth 2021 – $30 Million
Wizkid’s Biography –
Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun was born on July 16, 1990, in Lagos, Nigeria.
His family remains in Surulere, Lagos State, Nigeria. If his father is a Sunni Muslim, his mother is a Pentecostal Christian.
He received his primary and secondary education in Surulere. He was interested in music from an early age, but his family did not support him full-time in music.
According to him, his music career started the day he joined his church choir. Artists such as Bob Marley, Fela Kuti, King Sunny Ade, 2 Face Idibia, and Sound Sultan were his early sources of inspiration and inspired him to become a musician.
From 2001 to 2006, he performed as a solo artist on the stage “Lil Prinz”. Together with his friends, he formed the ensemble “Glorious Five” from the church choir. They managed to put out one studio album before it was released.
During his difficult days, he met record producer OJB Jezreel and became his mentor. He became a regular visitor to the Jezreel studio, viewing and studying recordings by artists such as 2 Face Idibia and Sound Sultan.
After graduating from college in 2009, he signed a recording contract with Empire Mates Entertainment (EME). In the same year, he started recording his debut studio album, entitled “Wizkid“, titled “Superstar”.
On March 5, 2013, he announced his decision to start his own record label, Star Boy Entertainment. In the same year, he signed confirmation agreements with the mobile network MTN and the Guinness brewery.
The song reached the top of the charts in 15 countries, making it Nigeria’s most successful pop artist. In 2016, he released the single “Like This” on Drake’s OVO radio.
As of the year, Wizkid net worth 2021 is $30 million.
Wizkid’s Popular Songs
Wizkid has always been the voice behind many hit stories past and present. Some of his hits can be seen below;
- Holla at Your Boy
- Jaiye Jaiye
- Come closer
- Energy (stay away)
- Essence ft Tems and many others
So far, he has released only 4 albums from 2011 to 2021.
- Superstar – (2011)
- Ayo – (2014)
- Sound on the other hand – (2017)
- Made in Lagos – (2020) and still under consideration
Wizkid Net Worth 2021
According to Forbes, Wizkid’s net worth is estimated at $30,000,000 in 2021, which is currently around $15,000,000,000,000 when converted to Nair, making him the richest musician in Nigeria by 2021.
This is undoubtedly a great achievement for this 31-year-old young Nigerian artist as he has made us proud over the years. The main sources of income/wealth are digital music sales on streaming platforms (Apple Music, Audiomack, Soundcloud, etc.), social media accounts (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram ads, etc.), real estate investments, local and, among other things, international endorsement/partnership agreements. Not to mention his big shows around the world.
How can we talk about Wizkid net worth 2021 without talking about houses owned by him? According to our sources, Wizkid owns 2 houses in Lagos, Nigeria, one in Surulere, valued at around 00013,000,000, and the other in Lekki, which was recently valued at over 8080,000,000.
In 2016, it was reported that he had bought a new home in the United States. The house is said to be located in Los Angeles, California.
Cars owned by Wizkid are part of what makes Wizkid Net worth 2021 awesome. Some of his cars include;
- Lamborghini Urus
- Porsche Panamera
- Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG
- BMW X6 crossover
He is indeed the best in Africa and one of the most recognized in the world.
How Does Wizkid Make His Money?
The largest amount of money Wizkid earns comes from various endorsement deals.
Throughout his career, he has had several major contracts with some major players such as Pepsi, Guinness, MTN, and Glo.
He is an ambassador of Ciroc Premium Vodka and has collaborated with Nike many times.
As for his expenses, he has several big houses in Nigeria and the United States. His Surulere Manor is worth $36,140 while his Lekki Manor is worth $189,040.
He is also a big fan of expensive cars, which he likes to buy. Her clothes and accessories are also a treasure. He is a big fan of Dolce & Gabbana and Gucci. Wizkid owns a diamond watch worth $1.2 million.
During his years as an artist in the Nigerian music industry, Wizkid has endorsed several major brands that he can boast of as an artist today. Perhaps that’s why he’s still Nigeria’s highest-rated artist of all time. You can find some of his verification transactions under this line;
- (2012) In 2012, Wizkid entered into a one-year confirmation deal with Pepsi worth over $350,000
- In, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun aka Wizkid signed a new contract with the best Nigerian telecommunications company MTN.
- After the initial $350,000 contract expired, Pepsi extended the contract for another two years in 2013, which was also a great achievement as a rising artist at the time.
- In, Wizkid Ayo also signed a contract with Guinness for a concert at the Eko and Suit Hotel.
- During the year, Wizkid entered into a new approval agreement with GLO
- It also offers a new confirmation agreement with PUMA (sportswear)
- It currently has an agreement with the United African Bank (UBA)
In summary, the Wizkid was nominated for 223 awards and won 22 of the 223 nominations as of 2021. Among this series you will find some of his wins;
- Headies Award for Song of the Year (2016)
- BET award (2020) – girl with brown skin
- MuchMusic Video Award for iHeartRadio Single of the Year (2017) – one dance
- Billboard Music Award for Best R&B Collaboration (2017) – One Dance
- MTV Africa Artist of the Year Award (2016)
- City People’s Entertainment Award for Pop Artist of the Year (2015)
- Nigerian Entertainment Award for Male Artist of the Year (2015)
- Headies Award for Best R&B Pop (2018) – Sounds the other way around
- Headies Prize for Best R&B Pop Album (2014) – Ayo
- Future Prize Africa Prize for Youth of the Year (2017)
- iHeartRadio Music Award for Best (2017) Thumb Song – One Dance
- Headies Award viewer selection (2021)
- MTV European Music Award for Best African Performance (2016)
- BET award for the best international act (2017 and 2012)
- Grammy Award for Best Music Video (2021) – Brown Skin Girl;
- and many others
Conclusion – Wizkid Net Worth 2021
Wizkid is a Nigerian singer and songwriter. He is one of the most commercially successful Nigerian music artists. He is one of the richest stars in Africa, as Forbes magazine called it. The media has also repeatedly named WizKid one of the fastest-growing stars in Africa. This article has informed you about Wizkid net worth 2021, Wizkid Cars, Wizkids houses, and Wizkid’s biography.