Man sets his house ablaze with his wife and children in it, in kwara state
Spread the love

A man set his house ablaze with his wife and children in it in Kwara State. The man, said to be a resident of Lekki Phase 1, Eyenkorin Area of Ilorin, Kwara State, had a disagreement with his wife before he set fire to their house on Sunday, July 3.

It was gathered that the man and his wife, who have 4 children, had been living separately due to irreconcilable differences.

The man, who left the house he shared with his wife and kids reportedly asked his wife and children to pack out of the building but the wife refused, claiming the house was a joint venture between her and the man.

Following her refusal, the man sprayed the building with petrol on Sunday, July 3, and set it ablaze. Men of the state fire service said that their timely intervention saved the building from total destruction.

The HOD, Media and Publicity of the Kwara State Fire Service, Hassan Adekunle, confirmed the incident.

See also  How Sim Registration Vendor Captured My Details Twice With Intention Of Selling Second Sim To Kidnapper, Fraudster – Nigerian Man Narrates

He said a resident simply identified as Mr. Kola summoned the service over the incident. Adekunle said the fire service was able to stop the fire and prevent it from escalating to other buildings in the neighbourhood.

See also  BBNaija S7 Level Up: Why I didn’t go for Beauty Sheggz Reveals

Adekunle said: “What we learnt was that the man and his wife had misunderstanding about two years ago before he relocated to another of his building, leaving the wife and children behind.

“All attempts to settle the matter did not yield results and the move to also convince him to allow the wife and children live there since he had another house also failed.

See also  [Video] Grandma Storms Off After Discovering At Gender Reveal Party That Her Great-Grand Child Will Be A Boy Not A Girl

“According to the report, the man suddenly appeared on Sunday and sprayed the three bedrooms flat with petrol before setting it ablaze with the children inside, that his wife was frustrating him.” He said it took the intervention of the resident who reported the incident and others for the occupants to be rescued.