How to check NIN online: Have you ever wondered how simple it can be to check your National Identity Number (NIN) through your cell phone? Is there a way to recover this crucial information without problems? Surprisingly, it’s easier than you think. With today’s technology, everything, even these vital details, can be accessed at the fingertips.
Did you register with your National Identity Number (NIN) and then forget it? Do you need to recover your NIN quickly without visiting a registration center? There is no reason to worry; We have the solution for you!
The national identity number (NIN) is a crucial part of identification in Nigeria, consisting of an exclusive number attributed to individuals for a variety of verification purposes. Obviously, it can be quite worrying if you forget this important number. Fortunately, you can easily recover your NIN through your mobile phone, regardless of the network you are on.
As a result of the recent USSD warnings of Nigeria’s USSD, many telephone users are in a dilemma if other USSD codes are still in use. However, as it is, the code to verify its NIN number remains unchanged. Therefore, in this article, we will show you again how to check NIN online NIN with USSD.
Table of Contents
Things to keep in mind:
- Service rate: There is usually a small fee for this service, so make sure you have any credit on your phone.
- SIM Record: You will need to use the phone number you have originally registered/linked to your NIN. Otherwise, it will not work.
- Security: And hey, keep your NIN private, ok? Do not share there – it must be just for you.
- NIN Importance: The Unique ID (NIN) in Nigeria is crucial for verification purposes.
- Retrieve via Phone: Dial *346# on any network (MTN, AIRTEL, GLO, 9mobile) to retrieve your NIN.
- USSD Codes: Utilize specific codes for NIN checks across different networks.
- Service Charge: A small fee (e.g., N20) is applicable, to ensure sufficient phone credit.
- SIM Registration: Ensure SIM registration is done with an NIN-linked phone number.
- Keep NIN Private: Security tip: Do not share your NIN with others.
- NIN Retrieval Steps: Dial *346#, select “NIN Retrieval”, and confirm the applicable fee.
- NIN Card Status: Visit the NIMC site and check the e-ID Card Status Portal.
How To Check Your NIN Online Using Your Phone
How to Check Your NIN Online? To check your NIN details using the NIMC online portal, you need to download the NIMC Mobile app first to get your user ID and OTP. Before you get your NIMC details, you will need the following:
- A cell phone qualified for the internet (in simple terms, you need a phone that can surf the internet)
- A strong internet connection
- Its national identification number (NIN)
- You need to download the NIMC Mobile app to get your user ID and OTP and use them to check your NIN details using the NIMC online portal.
Follow these steps to check your NIMC online details
- Download the NIMC MWS mobile app. We highlight the details on how to download the NIMC mobile application above.
- After downloading the app, you should install it on your mobile phone.
- Open the application and, on the app’s homepage, click the “I need a pin” button.
- A user and OTP ID will be displayed in the “Get Otp” section. Please note this, as you will need him in the next step.
- Then go to NIMC’s online portal and enter the user ID and OTP
- Your details, as shown in your Slip Nin, will be displayed. You can decide to reimpress your portal slip nin.
You can follow six (6) easy steps to check your NIMC online details.
How To Check Your NIN Online
Alternatively, after installing the app, you will see a “Show my ID” button, click on it and its NIMC details will be shown. This is in the form of your virtual identification card will be displayed. You can click the virtual card to turn and display the rear.
You will also see the “Basic Information” or “Complete Information” option; this will help control how much information is displayed. When you finish the app, click the “Locking” button in the bottom right corner of the screen to lock the app to prevent someone from getting access to your information from the app.
How To Check NIN Using USSD Code
Having your national identification number (NIN) at your fingertips is crucial to any Nigerian. Below is a step-by-step, step-by-step on how to check your NIN on all Nigerian mobile networks, including MTN, Airtel, Glo, and 9mobile.
This comprehensive guide on how to check NIN online using your phone will show you how to check your NIN using USSD codes on major network providers: MTN, Airtel, GLO, and 9mobile.
Step 1: Dialing the USSD code for NIN recovery
Start the process by dialing *346# on your phone. This code is specifically designated to recover its national identification number (NIN). Wait for the system to process your request.
Step 2: Selecting the NIN recovery option
After dialing the USSD code, a menu will be displayed on your phone screen. Browse this menu to find the option labeled “NIN Recovery”. Usually, you can select this option by sending the number “1” in response. This step is crucial as it directs your request specifically to recover your NIN.
Step 3: Recognizing the service rate
When selecting the “NIN Recovery” option, your network provider will inform a small service rate, which is usually around N20. This fee is charged for processing your NIN recovery request. It is important to be aware of this cost beforehand. To proceed with the recovery process and agree with the service rate, press ‘1’. This action confirms its consent to the collection charged for the service. Be sure to have enough balance to cover this rate.
Step 4: Showing your NIN
After confirmation of the service rate, your NIN will be displayed on the phone screen. This number is exclusive to you and is registered with the National Database. Make sure to observe this safely for your records.
In short, the era of waiting in long lines in the registration centers to recover essential identification numbers. With today’s technology, you can easily access your NIN using your mobile phone, regardless of your network provider. Whether you have MTN, Airtel, Glo, or 9mobile, a simple USSD code is enough. Keep up and make the most of these digital options!
How To Know If Your NIN Card Is Ready
To find out if your National Identity Number Card (NIN) is ready for collection, visit the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) website at www.nimc.gov.ng.
On the homepage, scroll down and click on the E-CD status portal to see if your card is ready and available at the activation center.
How To Link Your NIN To Your Number
It is no longer news that the Nigeria Communication Commission (NCC) ordered all Nigerians to bring their national identity number (NIN) to their respective SIM cards or face the termination of the service of network providers.
After the NCC instruction, Nigeria’s main network providers (MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile) launched easy and fast steps for subscribers to link their national identity number (NIN) to their number.
1. Turn On Your NIN To Your Mobile Number Airtel
Turn on your national identification number (NIN) to your phone number. Just dial *121 *1# Now to link.
2. Link your NIN to your mobile number MTN
Dial *785# Using the phone number you want to bind, enter your NIN and send or dial *785 *your NIN# from the phone number you want to bind. The number will be linked to your NIN automatically.
You can also visit https://mtnonline.com/NIN/ or download the Mymtn app to send your NIN data.
3. Turn On Your NIN To Your 9mobile Number
Visit http://www.9mobile.com.ng/NIN or you can dial *200 *8#
4. Link Your NIN To Your Mobile Number GLO
You can now link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your mobile number as a GLO subscriber. Just send the “UpdateNIN NIN FirstName and LastName” to 109.
Conclusion: How To Check NIN Online
The National Identification Number (NIN) is an essential identification system in Nigeria, serves as a unique identifier for citizens and residents. As a result of the recent mix of USSD notices from Nigeria’s network providers, many telephone users are in a dilemma if other USSD codes are still in use. However, as it is, the code to verify its NIN number remains unchanged.
Therefore, checking your NIN number on your phone in Nigeria is a convenient way to access the exclusive identification code. This comprehensive guide will show you how to check NIN online using your phone with the USSD codes on major network providers: MTN, Airtel, GLO, and 9mobile.