Afrifursa, a newly launched initiative, based in Toronto, Canada, aims to connect the African and Canadian fintech ecosystems at its inaugural Afrifursa Fintech Summit event, which kicks off on 22nd this month.
The organization stated that participants in this highly anticipated summit will build social impact partnerships through shared thought leadership, understanding of the fintech startup environment, market intelligence and awareness of B2B opportunities.
“The fintech industry has grown astronomically under the pandemic and global partnerships will be critical to realizing the industry’s full potential. Collaboration between Canadian and African fintech stakeholders is still largely untapped, so we are offering the Affrifursa Fintech Summit to reduce barriers and forge direct links,” said Tapfuma Musewe, founder of Afrifursa.
The Affrifursa Fintech Summit has assembled expert speakers such as Michelle Chivunga (founder and CEO of Global Policy House), Ronald Makomba (head of business development at Yoco), Christian Kajeneri (fintech strategy, services and products, MTN Rwanda), Mimi Kalinda (narrative creator and founder of Africa Communications Group) and many more. From waiting unicorns to digital currency policy experts, this groundbreaking event will create tangible exchange opportunities for all involved. The Summit will take a deep dive into the following key topics:
- Economy – The role of Fintech in COVID recovery.
- Governance – The emergence of alternative currencies and global trade/investment flows.
- Impact – The role of Fintech in promoting equality and sustainability.
- Innovation – Fintech as a contributor and disruptor of financial services.
- Investment – Increasing importance of cross-border acquisitions and investments in Fintech.
Registrations are open on:https://pheedloop.com/